5 things I hate about……
Being a mom. Because let’s be honest, it’s not all sunshine and roses.
1. No time alone. This is a big one for me. I’m a loner – I love my own company. Even when they are away, they are with you – in your heart. Hardly a moment goes by that you don’t think of them/wonder how they are/what they are doing. Once you’re a mother, you’re never truly alone again.
2. No more potty privacy. The other day, I found myself trying to conduct private business with two kids and a dog as an audience. Not so much fun.
3. Always having to share. I’m sooo selfish. Nothing is mine anymore – not so crazy about it *pout*.
4. The mess. This house is like a daycare – toys, clothes, shoes, everything, everywhere, always. I don’t know who can keep up with this.
5. The emotions. Don’t get me wrong, the positive emotions are worth more than words can say. But, there are negative emotions – like worry, guilt and doubt. Raising kids is such a huge job it’s natural to agonize over your decisions, worry constantly and let mommy-guilt reign. It’s a tough balancing act, because to let the negative emotions take over would be a big no-no.
If you’re honest with yourself, and can admit there are things about mommyhood that really blow, you’re that much better off. Once you’ve realized this, thought it out and accepted it, you can move on and be the best mommy you can be!