Skip to content

Bebe is here!

May 24, 2007

I finally have a minute to type it up. It’s pretty boring!

Our OB is over an hour away, as is the hospital we were delivering at. We came into town on Thursday, as we had an appt on Friday morning. My parents live in the same town as our OB, so we stayed with them. When I woke up Friday morning, I was pretty crampy, but not too bad. We went to the Dr. and got an ultrasound. They estimated that the baby weighed 8lbs 7ozs. We got some pretty cute pictures. When my OB came in to examine me, he told us not to leave town. Our C-Section was scheduled for the following Tuesday, but he said his “gut” told him that we wouldn’t make it.

So, we went back to my parents house and I took a nap. When I woke up at 3, I started having some intense contractions. I was in total denial. We didn’t have our bags, or stuff for baby. I put off going to the hospital as long as I could. I took a bath, tried to relax. By 6:00 they were pretty intense and coming pretty close. I finally called my OB and they said to head to L&D.

We got there around 7. My OB checked me and said I was at a 3 and contracting regularly and we were having a baby tonight. At that point I was ready, my contractions were pretty strong and close. The drug Dr. came in and shortly after we were on our way.

They did a spinal, he didn’t get it until try #5, which wasn’t great. Before I knew it, McHusband was with us and things were underway. I heard a baby cry, then the drug Dr. announced it was a girl. I didn’t believe him! I asked McHusband if it was really a girl, and he told me yes. I couldn’t stop crying. They showed her to me briefly and she looked so perfect.

She was born at 9:21 pm. Her apgar scores were 8 and 9 and she had meconium in her fluid. She was 20.5 inches and weighed 8lbs 10ozs. She has dark hair and dark eyes.

I decided to nurse, but didn’t start until we got home (or my parents house). It’s going really well, she’s a great nurser. She’s also doing really well on the bottle. We are bottle feeding at night because my boobs are so huge I’m afraid I’m going to suffocate her!

I had some trouble urinating in the hospital, and my bood count was pretty low. I’m on iron and lots of good drugs! I had an awful headache when we got home, but it’s finally gone.

Poopy doesn’t really like me right now, which hurts, but I know it’s normal. She loves bebe sister, but couldn’t care less about mama. This too shall pass.

3 Comments leave one →
  1. Jess permalink
    May 25, 2007 1:57 am

    I’m so happy for you and your family! CONGRATS!

  2. Momma_Phoenix permalink
    May 25, 2007 3:28 pm

    Congratulations! Must be nice to finally meet the kid!! 🙂

  3. Dena permalink
    May 30, 2007 1:52 pm

    SOME exciting stuff Jen! Im so happy for ya’s….. xoxoxo

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: